Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by The Norfolk Club ("The Norfolk Club"). Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms you should not access or view this website. These Terms may be amended by The Norfolk Club from time to time. Your use of this website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of these changes.
- While The Norfolk Club has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website was correct at the time of inclusion, you should be aware that The Norfolk Club accepts no responsibility if the information is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Except as expressly provided for on this website, The Norfolk Club is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any message sent or received by you.
- All present and future copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights relating to this website are vested in The Norfolk Club and its licensors. You acquire no rights in the website other than the limited right to use the website in accordance with these terms. You agree to protect the proprietary rights of The Norfolk Club and its licensors and agree to promptly notify The Norfolk Club in writing (contact details below) upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access or any use of the website that infringes upon any proprietary rights.
- You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular you agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages that may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
- You are permitted to print out or download information and content from this website only for your own personal non-commercial use or for the non-commercial use of your organisation. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium any part of this website or its content. You may not make any part of the website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by The Norfolk Club. To apply for authorisation, you must either e-mail or write to The Norfolk Club (contact details below) with the following details:
- Your name or the name of the technical contact responsible for the link(s)
- The name of your company
- The email address and telephone number for you or the technical contact responsible for the link(s)
- The website address(es) where the link(s) to the Home Page will appear
You may not use the The Norfolk Club name or misuse the The Norfolk Club brand in any way, such use or misuse to be determined solely at the discretion of The Norfolk Club.
- Information that we acquire will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed, other than in the normal course of performing services on our clients' behalf unless their consent has been obtained or the information is required by a court of competent jurisdiction or it is already in the public domain or it has been received independently from a third party whom we reasonably believe is permitted to supply such information to us. When our clients supply us with information containing personal data (names, addresses, or other information relating to living individuals), we will hold and use that data to perform general insurance and other services for those clients on the understanding that the individuals to whom the data relates have been informed of the reason(s) for obtaining the data.
- The Norfolk Club reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- You hereby agree to indemnify The Norfolk Club against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against The Norfolk Club as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these terms.
- While this website may provide links to other websites The Norfolk Club has no control over such sites. The Norfolk Club cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or otherwise of any content, or the security of any activity carried out on other such sites. Your use of such sites is at your sole risk.
- If you are in breach of these Terms The Norfolk Club may as its option, suspend your access to this website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
- This website is provided to you free of charge without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated and The Norfolk Club accepts no liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this website. The Norfolk Club's liability shall not be limited in the case of death or personal injury directly caused by The Norfolk Club's negligence.
- These terms may be amended by The Norfolk Club from time to time. Your use of this Website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of these changes.
- These Terms and Conditions and the content of this website are governed by English law whose Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Any questions or enquiries which you have in relation to this website or in relation to The Norfolk Club should be addressed to us at: The Norfolk Club, 17 Upper King Street, Norwich NR3 1RB, United Kingdom
52 Lower Sloane Street
Telephone: 020 7730 9131
Fax: 020 7730 6146
Number 52 Lower Sloane Street started life as part of a handsome late Victorian redevelopment on an old 18th Century site in Chelsea known as Hans Town. The buildings, with their red-brick gables and fine detailing, were in the style dubbed ‘Pont Street Dutch’ and were enviably near the many fashionable milliners, mercers and glove-makers lining Sloane Square.
27 Old Gloucester St
Telephone: 0845 224 1781
Founded a number of times by seemingly unrelated and socially different groups of people, The Eccentric Club served as a meeting point for many great and original minds, pioneers of thought in artistic, literary, theatrical, scientific, legal and political circles. The present club has been revived by a group of enthusiasts, members of the old club and a few other London clubs, in 2007 (the old club has closed in 1984), and was officially re-launched on the 29th of August 2008.
32, Royal Exchange Square
Telephone: 0141 221 6630
The Western Club was founded in 1825 at a time when Glasgow was establishing itself as the Second City of the Empire. Thanks mainly to the access provided by the River Clyde Glasgow became a centre for trade and industry importing cotton and tobacco from America and sugar from the West Indies.
22 The Mall
Telephone: 0117 974 5039
Fax: 0117 974 3910
The Clifton Club is Bristol's oldest existing private members' club located in a glorious Georgian building in the heart of Clifton Village. The traditional elegance and grandeur of the surroundings comes together with modern facilities to provide an exclusive environment in which male and female members of all ages are able to relax and socialise with like-minded people.
5 Place de la Rébuplique
Telephone: 0032 04 2237 166
Fax: 0032 04 2224 832
La Société Littéraire de Liége was set up on 5 April 1779 by François-Charles de Velbrück during his reign as prince bishop of Liege. It aimed to provide its members with newspapers and books in a convivial atmosphere, on the model of other literary societies of the time. It provides cultural activities and meeting for its members, has reciprocal ties with the Cercle Gaulois in Brussels, and publishes a quarterly newsletter entitled Lettre de la Littéraire.
100 Princes Street
Telephone: 0131 225 1501
The Royal Over-Seas League is a Commonwealth membership organisation with many thousands of members worldwide, historic clubhouses at prestigious locations in Edinburgh and London plus Reciprocal arrangements and a network of contacts around the world.
Near Morgans' Gate
Telephone: 0091 0824 2414146
Fax: 0091 0824 2412149
Founded in 1876, the Mangalore Club sits cosily in picturesque surroundings on the banks of the Nethravati river. It combines the hoary clubbing traditions of The Raj and those of modern and progressive India. Boasting of excellent modern facilities whilst continuing to retain its Old World charm, the Club is a much sought after place for its members, many of whom are prominent citizens of the city of Mangalore.
Telephone: 020 7930 9871
Fax: 020 7839 4768
Founded in 1882, the principal object of the National Liberal Club was to provide club facilities in London so that members and their guests might enjoy the very best club services and hospitality - as relevant today as it was then. The Club remains completely independent but, as the name implies, continues to be closely identified with the historic Liberal traditions and Liberals world wide.
Telephone: 01225 423732
The Club is a friendly haven for people to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough to be very convenient for business users to hire our rooms, being located just a short distance from the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge, the Roman Baths, and Bath Abbey. Members also enjoy the central location and are dedicated to the enjoyment of good conversation, companionship and attractive food and fine wines at Club prices.