Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by The Norfolk Club ("The Norfolk Club"). Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms you should not access or view this website. These Terms may be amended by The Norfolk Club from time to time. Your use of this website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of these changes.
- While The Norfolk Club has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website was correct at the time of inclusion, you should be aware that The Norfolk Club accepts no responsibility if the information is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Except as expressly provided for on this website, The Norfolk Club is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any message sent or received by you.
- All present and future copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights relating to this website are vested in The Norfolk Club and its licensors. You acquire no rights in the website other than the limited right to use the website in accordance with these terms. You agree to protect the proprietary rights of The Norfolk Club and its licensors and agree to promptly notify The Norfolk Club in writing (contact details below) upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access or any use of the website that infringes upon any proprietary rights.
- You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular you agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages that may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
- You are permitted to print out or download information and content from this website only for your own personal non-commercial use or for the non-commercial use of your organisation. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium any part of this website or its content. You may not make any part of the website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by The Norfolk Club. To apply for authorisation, you must either e-mail or write to The Norfolk Club (contact details below) with the following details:
- Your name or the name of the technical contact responsible for the link(s)
- The name of your company
- The email address and telephone number for you or the technical contact responsible for the link(s)
- The website address(es) where the link(s) to the Home Page will appear
You may not use the The Norfolk Club name or misuse the The Norfolk Club brand in any way, such use or misuse to be determined solely at the discretion of The Norfolk Club.
- Information that we acquire will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed, other than in the normal course of performing services on our clients' behalf unless their consent has been obtained or the information is required by a court of competent jurisdiction or it is already in the public domain or it has been received independently from a third party whom we reasonably believe is permitted to supply such information to us. When our clients supply us with information containing personal data (names, addresses, or other information relating to living individuals), we will hold and use that data to perform general insurance and other services for those clients on the understanding that the individuals to whom the data relates have been informed of the reason(s) for obtaining the data.
- The Norfolk Club reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- You hereby agree to indemnify The Norfolk Club against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against The Norfolk Club as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these terms.
- While this website may provide links to other websites The Norfolk Club has no control over such sites. The Norfolk Club cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or otherwise of any content, or the security of any activity carried out on other such sites. Your use of such sites is at your sole risk.
- If you are in breach of these Terms The Norfolk Club may as its option, suspend your access to this website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
- This website is provided to you free of charge without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated and The Norfolk Club accepts no liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this website. The Norfolk Club's liability shall not be limited in the case of death or personal injury directly caused by The Norfolk Club's negligence.
- These terms may be amended by The Norfolk Club from time to time. Your use of this Website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of these changes.
- These Terms and Conditions and the content of this website are governed by English law whose Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Any questions or enquiries which you have in relation to this website or in relation to The Norfolk Club should be addressed to us at: The Norfolk Club, 17 Upper King Street, Norwich NR3 1RB, United Kingdom
No 4 St James' Square
Telephone: 020 7827 5757
Fax: 020 7827 5758
The only Service Clubs existing in London in 1862 were the United Service, the Junior United Service and the Army & Navy. All three Clubs were up to their full quota on membership, so to meet with the demand of those who wished to join a Service Club the Naval & Military was founded in March 1862 by a party of officers.
5 Place de la Rébuplique
Telephone: 0032 04 2237 166
Fax: 0032 04 2224 832
La Société Littéraire de Liége was set up on 5 April 1779 by François-Charles de Velbrück during his reign as prince bishop of Liege. It aimed to provide its members with newspapers and books in a convivial atmosphere, on the model of other literary societies of the time. It provides cultural activities and meeting for its members, has reciprocal ties with the Cercle Gaulois in Brussels, and publishes a quarterly newsletter entitled Lettre de la Littéraire.
Tapton Hall, Shore Lane
Telephone: 0114 266 0051
The Sheffield Club was fortunate to be able to relocate at Tapton Hall in September 2000. Here, the club enjoys excellent bar and catering facilities. Our Members meet every Friday between 12 noon and 3:00pm. We have use of the private bar and dining room. There is ample car parking. In addition, special lunches or dinners are arranged several times a year. Periodically, lunches are also held for younger professional & business members and their friends.
34 Queen Anne's Gate
Telephone: +44(0)207 2221382
Fax: +44(0)207 2228740
The Club was founded in 1870 under the patronage of Benjamin Disraeli, later Earl of Beaconsfield, as a convenient meeting place for Conservative Members of Parliament close to the House.
The Club remained in its original premises, overlooking the Thames opposite the Palace of Westminster, and linked to it by an underground passageway, until they were acquired by the Government in 1960 to facilitate plans to expand the Palace of Westminster.
5060 California Ave.
Telephone: 001 661 324 6561
Fax: 001 661 324 3744
Established in 1952, The Petroleum Club of Bakersfield is an integral part of the heritage and history of Kern County. The Club is a member-owned local facility with a philosophy that reflects not only commitment to excellence, but status as a non profit organisation.
Telephone: 020 7930 9871
Fax: 020 7839 4768
Founded in 1882, the principal object of the National Liberal Club was to provide club facilities in London so that members and their guests might enjoy the very best club services and hospitality - as relevant today as it was then. The Club remains completely independent but, as the name implies, continues to be closely identified with the historic Liberal traditions and Liberals world wide.
2121 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Telephone: 001 2023877783
Fax: 001 2022346817
The Cosmos Club is a private social club, incorporated in Washington, D.C. in 1878 by men distinguished in science, literature and the arts. In June, 1988 the Club voted to welcome women as members. Since its founding, the Club has elected as members individuals in virtually every profession that has anything to do with scholarship, creative genius or intellectual distinction.
1135 16TH STREET N.W.
Established in 1904 simply as the University Club, its first president was then Secretary of War and future United States President William Howard Taft. In 1936, it merged with the Racquet Club of Washington, and moved to its current location at 1135 Sixteenth Street NW, approximately three blocks north of the White House. During the Warren Court justices Earl Warren and Hugo Black would often use the Club's facilities to informally discuss and gather. The University Club of Washington, DC is a top city club with a diverse membership of professional, business, and government leaders. It is a favorite meeting spot for members and their guests - with the comfort and privacy of home away from home.
Near Morgans' Gate
Telephone: 0091 0824 2414146
Fax: 0091 0824 2412149
Founded in 1876, the Mangalore Club sits cosily in picturesque surroundings on the banks of the Nethravati river. It combines the hoary clubbing traditions of The Raj and those of modern and progressive India. Boasting of excellent modern facilities whilst continuing to retain its Old World charm, the Club is a much sought after place for its members, many of whom are prominent citizens of the city of Mangalore.