Lounge & Relax
The sitting room is adjacent to the bar on the ground floor of the Club. The setting for the bar and lounge still retains the Georgian flavour of the building and provides pleasant surroundings in which to meet other members and guests.
The lounge is open during Club opening hours and is the ideal room in which to relax with a drink or coffee or afternoon tea. It is a particular pleasure to entertain guests here and to relax after a busy morning in the City shops. It is an "Oasis of calm" for you to enjoy.
Telephone: 00 356 332011 / 12
The Malta Union Club was founded in 1826 by certain officers and civilians who leased the top floor, less the ballroom, of the Auberge de Provence in Strada Reale, now Republic Street, Valletta. Membership was restricted to eighty resident Members plus a number of Honorary Members. The present building was purposely constructed in 2000, on an adjacent site in Tigné Street, on the expiry of the lease of the last Club building. The Club took possession of and moved into the new Club House in 2002.
36 Collins Street
Telephone: 0061 39 650 4941
Fax: 0061 39 650 6798
The Melbourne Club is a men-only private club established in 1838 and located at 36 Collins Street, Melbourne; adjacent to the women-only Lyceum Club. Built in 1858, the current clubhouse is a very refined renaissance revival building with fine classical features.
5 Place de la Rébuplique
Telephone: 0032 04 2237 166
Fax: 0032 04 2224 832
La Société Littéraire de Liége was set up on 5 April 1779 by François-Charles de Velbrück during his reign as prince bishop of Liege. It aimed to provide its members with newspapers and books in a convivial atmosphere, on the model of other literary societies of the time. It provides cultural activities and meeting for its members, has reciprocal ties with the Cercle Gaulois in Brussels, and publishes a quarterly newsletter entitled Lettre de la Littéraire.
9 Fitzmaurice Place
Telephone: 020 7629 8200
Fax: 020 7408 0246
Set in the heart of Mayfair, just off Berkeley Square, the Lansdowne Club is a private members' club, where men and women have always been welcomed with equal status.
86 Princes Street
Telephone: 0131 226 4881
Fax: 0131 225 9649
The central location of The New Club, with an unbroken view over Princes Street Gardens and Edinburgh Castle, provides an ideal setting for staying, dining and entertaining, combining the comfort and style of a long-established Club. The Club's earliest records date from 1787 when it met in Bayle's Tavern in Shakespeare Square at the east end of Princes Street. The Club then acquired its own premises in St. Andrew Square before moving to its present site in 1837.
40 Newcomen Street
PO Box 28
Telephone: 0061 24929 1224
Fax: 0061 24929 6302
The Newcastle Club is in the middle of Newcastle CBD offering old fashioned traditions of service, courtesy, comfort and charm, whilst meeting the needs of contemporary life in this fast moving world. The view across Newcastle Harbour gives Members an opportunity to relax and enjoy the beauty and fascination of a busy working port.
88 The Terrace
PO Box 10129
The Club is New Zealand's oldest private Club. Founded in December 1841, it now owns an elegant seven- storey building on the same Terrace site as the previous two Clubhouses. The present building was opened in February 1990 by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, who is an Honorary member of the Club. The Clubhouse provides facilities for Club and private dinners and functions, car parking, bedrooms, a reading room, a business centre, a Health and Fitness Centre, Billiards and Snooker room and a squash court.
Telephone: 01473 252095
Fax: 01473 215584
The Ipswich and Suffolk Club is a private members club that offers a varied range of social, sporting and fine dining benefits to its members and is also available for hire to non-members as a fine venue for small to medium-sized meetings, conferences and functions.Tucked unobtrusively between Northgate Street, and Tower Street, in the shadow of St Mary Le Tower Church, the club has provided a haven for its members since the 19th Century and The Ipswich & Suffolk Club has long been referred to as one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets.
Telephone: 020 7399 1000
Fax: 020 7355 1516
The Royal Air Force Club was founded in 1918 as a place where serving and ex-serving officers could meet, and in 1922 it was formally opened by HRH The Duke of York.
The bedroom and public room facilities at the Club are similar to those offered by other traditional, high-quality London establishments, but with many additional services and amenities for members who may wish to spend just a few daytime hours in its pleasant and stylish ambience.
61 Tamar Street
Telephone: (03) 6331 4011
Established in 1882, the Launceston Club is only a short stroll to the centre of the CBD. It also serves as a central location for all of Northern Tasmania’s stunning natural attractions. The Club offers old world style and charm whilst blending traditional beliefs, values and service with the modern contemporary necessities expected in today’s society.
Members and Reciprocal members are encouraged to enjoy many of the Clubs facilities and social events including many fine epicurean experiences, arts , literature and musical events, club sporting activities, private and social functions and whilst travelling, enjoying the hospitality of our national and international reciprocal clubs.
Reciprocal members are encouraged to visit the Launceston Club and experience all the spectacular attractions Tasmania has to offer. The friendly efficient team at the Launceston Club is only too happy to assist members and reciprocal members with accommodation and destination arrangements.