Statement panel

Traditional Reading Room

The Library provides the traditional ambience associated with a County club, complete with red leather upholstery and a peaceful atmosphere.  The shelves are well stocked with selected books, a number of which have been written by Club Members.  A wide selection of daily newspapers and periodicals are provided. Coffee is also served in this room.

This room was created from two rooms in 1889, the last substantial alteration to the building. It is ideally suited for talks, meetings, conferences and private parties and members are most welcome to use this facility.

The library is also hired to outside organisations from time to time.  A number of Club Functions are held in this room.  It will comfortably hold 70.