The snooker room can also be used as a function room. It is one of the largest rooms in the Club and one of the most interesting. As well as containing a number of original and particularly pleasing architectural features it has some very early decorative pieces including a stunning scoreboard for the snooker.
In a separate area of this room are tables for card games and just getting together. From this elevated position it is possible to watch the games of snooker whilst chatting. Drinks can be served in the billiard room and the whole thing can be hired with staff.
Members are encouraged to join or form Groups within the Club. There are many groups including a Spanish Group, a Book Group, an Arts and Antiques Group, a Bridge Group, an Investment Group and a City Walks Group.
52 Lower Sloane Street
Telephone: 020 7730 9131
Fax: 020 7730 6146
Number 52 Lower Sloane Street started life as part of a handsome late Victorian redevelopment on an old 18th Century site in Chelsea known as Hans Town. The buildings, with their red-brick gables and fine detailing, were in the style dubbed ‘Pont Street Dutch’ and were enviably near the many fashionable milliners, mercers and glove-makers lining Sloane Square.
5060 California Ave.
Telephone: 001 661 324 6561
Fax: 001 661 324 3744
Established in 1952, The Petroleum Club of Bakersfield is an integral part of the heritage and history of Kern County. The Club is a member-owned local facility with a philosophy that reflects not only commitment to excellence, but status as a non profit organisation.
4 Royal Avenue
Telephone: 02890 323411
Fax: 02890 312833
The Ulster Reform Club has Victorian origins being located in a magnificent purpose-built, red sandstone building which opened in 1885 in the centre of Belfast. The Club recently celebrated its 125th Anniversary. Over the years its members have successfully influenced the creation and growth of industrial, commercial and professional enterprises in Belfast and far beyond.
25 Bent Street
Telephone: 0061 29232 8266
Fax: 0061 29232 1814
The Union, University & Schools Club of Sydney has evolved over the past 150 years through the amalgamation of a number of Sydney’s finest Clubs. The most recent was the historic merger between the Union Club and the University & Schools Club, which took effect in January 2007. This merger saw the coming together of two great Clubs, both with long histories steeped in Club traditions, an accomplished Membership base and a Club ethos characterised by Members' enjoyment of culinary, cultural and sporting activities.
1135 16TH STREET N.W.
Established in 1904 simply as the University Club, its first president was then Secretary of War and future United States President William Howard Taft. In 1936, it merged with the Racquet Club of Washington, and moved to its current location at 1135 Sixteenth Street NW, approximately three blocks north of the White House. During the Warren Court justices Earl Warren and Hugo Black would often use the Club's facilities to informally discuss and gather. The University Club of Washington, DC is a top city club with a diverse membership of professional, business, and government leaders. It is a favorite meeting spot for members and their guests - with the comfort and privacy of home away from home.
9011 Collins Avenue
Telephone: 001 305 866 2481
Fax: 001 305 866 2470
Since 1930, The Surf Club has hosted the perfect combination of Business events and vacations stays by taking part in everything from business meetings and charity events to dreamed weddings and other social events. Behind its golden hues and historical presence lies a beautiful, private piece of paradise whose amenities include elegant Hotel style accommodations perfect for any special occasion, tennis courts, swimming pool, beach cabanas, and more. Contact us today to experience all that The Surf Club has to offer.
Telephone: 00 356 332011 / 12
The Malta Union Club was founded in 1826 by certain officers and civilians who leased the top floor, less the ballroom, of the Auberge de Provence in Strada Reale, now Republic Street, Valletta. Membership was restricted to eighty resident Members plus a number of Honorary Members. The present building was purposely constructed in 2000, on an adjacent site in Tigné Street, on the expiry of the lease of the last Club building. The Club took possession of and moved into the new Club House in 2002.
88 The Terrace
PO Box 10129
The Club is New Zealand's oldest private Club. Founded in December 1841, it now owns an elegant seven- storey building on the same Terrace site as the previous two Clubhouses. The present building was opened in February 1990 by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, who is an Honorary member of the Club. The Clubhouse provides facilities for Club and private dinners and functions, car parking, bedrooms, a reading room, a business centre, a Health and Fitness Centre, Billiards and Snooker room and a squash court.
1 Wimpole Street
Telephone: 020 7290 2900
Fax: 020 7290 2992
The Royal Society of Medicine is an independent, apolitical organisation, founded over 200 years ago. The origins of the Royal Society of Medicine date back to the 18th century when, throughout Europe medical societies began to be founded with the object of bringing together physicians and surgeons in order to further scientific, professional and social communication.
Telephone: 00 353 1 2801811
Fax: 00 353 1 2843002
The ‘George' was founded in 1838 by a small number of like minded individuals who liked to go rowing together. The Club gradually gathered pace and has become, with the passage of time and the unstinting efforts of previous Flag Officers, committees and members, a world-class yacht club.